People of all ages face the problem of having pimples. Not only can they cause pain, but they can also affect self-confidence negatively. There are many ways of getting rid of pimples. These include medication or other treatments. However, it is also possible to cure pimples by home-made remedies. Here are the top 10 home remedies for pimples. Please note that these all should be applied to a clean face and skin.
- Apple cider vinegar: Apple cider vinegar is made by fermenting apple cider and it has the ability to cure bacteria. In order to apply it onto the pimples, mix 1 part apple cider vinegar with 3 parts water. Apply it directly onto the pimples using cotton.
- Honey and cinnamon mask: Honey and cinnamon are antioxidants, which is good for the skin. Form a paste from 2 tablespoons honey and 1 teaspoon cinnamon. Put it on your face and rinse it off after 10 minutes.
- Tea tree oil: Tea tree oil is a very effective way of treating pimples, however, it must be diluted as it is very strong. Dilute 1 part tea tree oil with 9 parts water. Put it onto the pimples by using cotton.
- Green tea: Drinking green tea is a very good way of treating pimples. In addition, you can also put green tea in boiling water and once it has cooled down, apply it on your face with cotton.
- Aloe vera: Aloe vera works wonders as a moisturizer. It can prevent infections, soothe inflammations and block sebum production. By preventing dirt production in the skin, it also disrupts the environment for the growth of the pimples. Aloe vera moisturizer can be applied on the skin once or twice a day.
- Fish oil supplement: Omega 3, found in fish oil has numerous health benefits. Using fish oil as a supplement would make the skin look much nicer and healthier.
- Crushed aspirin: Aspirin is a derivative of salicylic acid, which helps to dry out the skin. Applying crushed aspirin to the affected areas would thus be effective. Furthermore, aspirin also has anti-inflammatory In order to prepare it, crush three aspirins until they turn to powder and put some water on the powder to form a paste.
- Lemon juice: Lemon juice can help to unclog the pores and to dry out the area. It can be applied to the skin by mixing it with honey or water. The mixture with water would be less acidic. Once the mixture is prepared and put on the affected areas, leave it on for 10 minutes.
- Toothpaste: The effectiveness of toothpaste has been discussed for a long time. The truth is, toothpaste can be helpful in terms of drying out the area. However, you should be careful to use white toothpaste instead of a coloured one or a white one.
- Ice pack: Applying an ice pack on the skin would make the pores smaller. As the pores become smaller, the inflammation is also soothed and the pimples become smaller as well.
If you’d like more help and ideas for getting rid of pimples, check this link.